Saturday 17 November 2012

I hear the birds on the summer breeze, i drive fast.

Greetings earthlings

I must begin by apologizing for my absence over the past month. Turns out this whole 'college' thing can be pretty time consuming once you hit second year! Also turns out that i can be very, very lazy. 
I return to you all with some vital information about me: 


Lizzy Grant aka Lana Del Rey, is.my.gal. 

I love her. 

Yes, one may argue that she is 'fake' because shes obviously had cosmetic surgery on her nose and lips, what of it? She could be made 100% of silicone and i wouldn't care, talk about true love. 

I often wonder what music i used to listen to before i became Lana obsessed, then i remember....and i become even more grateful for her music. 

Whether i've been suffering from Summertime Sadness or i simply feel like i was Born To Die, Lana has been there to pick up the pieces of my cocaine heart. 

Lana Del Rey empitomises glamorous old school America and the troubling realities of that glamorous lifestyle we all yearn for. She speaks of the streets of New York and the men that have screwed her over. Whenever i listen to her music, i stare out the window and pretend to be her. Call my crazy, but i love it.  

'Drink all day and we talk till dawn'...... i think alot of us have been there!

For me, Lana takes the ordinary and makes it,extraordinary. 

Unlike many other songs i listen to, her lyrics actually mean something to me. As worrying as this may sound, i can often relate to them.  

And the music videos? My God its like the girl ventured into my imagination, took the colourful stuff, mixed it with class, put in her amazing face and put it on screen! Per.fec.tion. And she makes some of the clips herself! 

She writes all her songs too, kudos to you miss Rey. 

Although i could sit here and all day and talk about my many reasons for loving this girl, i had better leave it at that for now. 
I thought id share this love with you all because to know me is to know that i love Lana

Until next time, 

Stay classy, 

Lxx






No comments:

Post a Comment